Sunday, January 11, 2015

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Say yes to all of life. Say it loudly. Say it fully. Say it with the faith that winter cannot last forever and that spring comes in strange and sudden guise." - Joan Chittister, The Sacred In-Between

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go." - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland; conversation between Alice and The Cheshire Cat

On my birthday, my daughter Zakiya, wrote the above Alice in Wonderland quote for me, except she put it in her own words.  She said: "If you don't know where you're going, then any road will take you there."  Same thing really but I like "any road will take you there".  I've been in a quandary about where to go next because I didn't have the car and it didn't feel like Spirit if I purchased a bus or train ticket.  The truth is, "it doesn't matter which way you go.", because "any road will take you there." 

A few nights ago I made a decision that I would rent a Rent-A-Wreck van, pack my possessions and go off into the wild blue yonder.  I have no idea where I'm going but Spirit knows.  The scary thing about it is, is that it will be a rental with my belongings in it; which means there needs to be a destination to unload and return the van.  However if I'm going to operate in faith then I need to operate in it totally.  Many people go off on adventures but they usually know where they're headed and they have the money to sustain for the duration of the trip.  But, either I will operate in faith or I will not. 

The day before I  made the decision to just wander, a friend of mine in MA posted that she needed a roommate.  I spoke to her about renting it the morning of my decision.  I told her that I was thinking about the end of the month.  I also told her that if someone came along with money in hand, to rent to that person.  The next morning I realized that it was the adventure I really wanted.  I was trying to figure out how to tell my friend.  Later that day she called me to say she had rented the room and the person was moving in the next day.  Spirit worked it out for us both and immediately.  That situation let me know that Spirit has my back in this decision. 

When I was a first year seminary student at The New Seminary, my dean, Rev. Sandra Bargman, sang her song written by Mel White, with the title, "God Had My Back".  The song moved me so much that Sandra sent me a recording of her singing it.  These are the words:

"And so the wait finally ends
In a waking dream it took awhile to enter
Surrounded by my family and friends
I can feel a healing peace at my center
I look back in amazement at each stepping stone
And I know I didn't take these steps alone

With God all things are possible
I can do what I thought I could not do
Faith, love and courage helped me make the climb
And God had my back all the time

I had my moments of doubt
When the thought that I'd succeed was hard believing
Bone tired with more work to carry out
I could sometimes feel my optimism leaving
But those times when I struggled didn't last too long
And today I know the truth that made me strong

With God all things are possible
I can do what I thought I could not do
Faith, love and courage helped me make the climb
And God had my back all the time

God had my back every step of the way
And one by one I could climb today
Love and support kept me willing to go
And what can stop me now
When I know

With God all things are possible
I can do what I thought I could not do
Faith, love and courage helped me make the climb
And God had my back all the time

God had my back all the time
I know that God had my back all the time" -
written by Mel White and sung by Sandra Bargman

This song makes me feel so empowered and to hear her sing it, Oh my!  To hear it, go to her website: sandrabargman.com. I can't listen without crying.  God does have our backs, always and forever.  If I keep that in my consciousness, I know that I will and can do what Spirit has ordained for me to do.  It is definitely scary and I do have doubts at times, especially when I consider what's before me.  It's not just this adventure, it's the purpose for my life that I feel Spirit is whispering to me.  We all have a purpose, sometimes we know what it is and sometimes we don't.  Either way fear, which is not of God, can creep into our thoughts.  The definition of fear that I like is false evidence appearing real.  It is false because if God/Goddess/All That Is says to do something, then we can do it.  God doesn't call the qualified, God qualifies the call. 

Last night I heard this scripture in my spirit: "For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed." -Romans 8:19, NIV  One translation says that creation is standing on tiptoe waiting.  For what is creation waiting?  It is waiting for us to come into the knowledge of who we really are and to help set creation free.  Since my call from Spirit in 1986 is to "set the captives free", I am also standing on tip toe waiting for us to show up and show out.  But the wait for me to do my part is over.  I am listening, Spirit, I am.  In addition to the verse I heard these words from Fly Like An Eagle, as well, by the Steve Miller Band:
"I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Til I'm free
Oh, Lord, through the revolution"

Eagles fly high above the storm and let the wind carry them where they need to go.  They exert no effort as they relax into the wind.  They also have the ability to see far ahead.  As I did a journey with eagle, I heard Spirit say to rise above my circumstances (the storm), let Spirit (wind) carry me to my destination and to use my gift of intuition to see ahead.  No fear as I embark upon this next physical journey.  Why?, because God Had My Back All The Time and still does.

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be!,
Gypsi Mama Michelle




1 comment:

  1. When I was on line we superimposed those words with "I wanna go over and be free, I wanna go over and let Sigma carry me."

    Isaiah 58:11 tells us that "the Lord will guide you continually." Stand on that promise.
    All that you seek is near.

    ReplyDelete