Sunday, December 6, 2015

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Living in the moment without attaching yourself to regrets about yesterday or worries about tomorrow, goes a long way toward cutting through the chaos of everyday life."....Eve Adamson, PhD.,Gary R. Mcclain~

"Never allow waiting to become a habit.  Live your dreams and take risks.  Life is happening now."  ~ Author unknown

"We are always getting ready to live but never living."   ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life is now.  There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be.  ~ Eckhart Tolle

"Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none."  ~ Albert Einstein

"Life is available only in the present moment." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.  We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today."  ~ Dale Carnegie

"Be Here Now." ~ Ram Dass

When I read my "about me" and I come to the part about traveling from place to place as led by Spirit, I sometimes wonder why I'm writing this blog since I am not physically traveling.  But then the light bulb comes on and I know, once again, that I am traveling as led by Spirit.  I am traveling the path to higher consciousness, to enlightenment, to my center,  to whatever we wish to name it...the bottom line is - I'm traveling and so are we all whether we know it or not.

My travels this week have taken me to a familiar place that I have been before but have not taken advantage of what this place has to offer.  I feel that I have driven swiftly through it or stopped to linger for a while but didn't stay long enough.  This place is called Living In The Present Moment.  This place has many "cities" to see; the one that I drive through hurriedly is called "risk taking".  I visited two places on the outskirts frequently.  The one that I visited the most is called, "waiting"; another is called "someday".  

What makes us/me so afraid of taking risks and truly living?  Henry David Thoreau said it best: "If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."  Some of us are afraid to dream because we think it will not happen or if it does we may fail.  But life is about living and all that it implies..the highs, the lows and everything in between.  Life is messy sometimes; it's not always neat and clean.  It definitely is not meant to be placed on a shelf and not used.  Use the good china, if only for yourself.  You are special!

The fear of failure and the fear of success has kept me from truly living.  There are things that I feel called to do but I allow fear to take root.  I'm not moving "confidently in the direction of my dreams" and I am not fully trusting Spirit to get me to the place that Spirit is leading me.  Hmm, that's really the same thing isn't it?  If I trusted Spirit, I would move confidently.  A perfect example of this is when I first started this "Gypsi Journey".  I knew that I was supposed to go wherever led but before I went anywhere I allowed fear in its many forms to enter.  I said to Spirit, "I can't see at night, and I don't have much money, I need to kind of know the direction and kind of, sort of, where I'm going.  I said these things as if Spirit didn't already know them.  I didn't trust Spirit to take care of me.

I have decided to drive straight through "waiting" and "someday" and enter Living In The Present Moment with wild enthusiasm.  My first stop in this place is  "risk taking" and I intend to stay for awhile. I am anticipating with excitement and nervousness (same root), to jump off this very high diving board and land in the pool of infinite possibilities and swim with them over to action.  I've felt this before and probably said it also but I am determined to "live the life I've imagined", enjoy the present moment and BE!

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment