Sunday, January 14, 2018

Guidance

“If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves.” -Thomas Edison
A part of my morning meditation routine is reading inspirational quotes, affirmations, and articles. One of my readings is Unity’s The Daily Word..it’s extremely inspirational and meets me where I am. This morning the affirmation was about guidance. There was a biblical scripture reference at the end:
“For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”...Matthew 7:8
I realized, perhaps for the first time or maybe I’m just in a different place, that everything in that verse requires an action...we must DO something. We are guided when we take action. Each action brings about an action which brings about another step on the path. When we “act” in faith, things happen.
I have been remiss in being consistent with the Wild Women Gypsies page and My Gypsi Journey blog. I’m not going to make excuses. Suffice it to say that I tend to sabotage myself when things seem to be going well. I become afraid of possible success. At present I am making wreaths, door-hangers, and jumping brooms. I enjoy being a crafter yet I think of all the possible things that can go awry with my creations. In the past that outlook has kept me from moving forward.
The truth is that I KNOW that “ALL is well because GOD/GODDESS/ALL THAT IS is ALL.” That truth resides in me and in everyone but sometimes we/I allow negative energy to seep into my consciousness. Negative thoughts will (and have) kept me from fulfilling my destiny, whatever that may be. I never seem to know what I know so many times I do absolutely nothing.
I am so grateful for the people Spirit has placed in my life to steer me back on the path when I veer off...particularly my children. The teacher becomes the student and so forth. My oldest daughter is visiting and has lit a fire under me to “become more of who I am”. Gratitude reigns. Here’s to keeping the fire from becoming an ember BUT if it does, I know that I can count on my tribe to stoke the fire.
Blessed be,
Gypsy Mama Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment