Monday, December 15, 2014

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends,
Michelle here, bringing lots of light and love!
"The principle of resonance suggests that 'like summons like'. ...When something is of us, is for us, it sets off the tuning fork inside us. ...resonance is the surest guide to finding our own path. ...Resonance is the deep resounding of our truth, when we find it, or it finds us.  To hear it, one must be attentive, faithful, courageous. ...the willingness to open to depth is the chief way in which dignity and purpose return to life." - James Hollis, Creating a Life


Several years ago I read the book, The Red Tent.  The story is told from Jacob's only daughter's point of view.  It was my first introduction to the red tent.  It started me on a search for more of the ancient ways of women.  I've been following that path since.  I sat down to watch the movie version of the book last week and a quarter of the way in, I began to cry.  I felt a connection with these women as if I had been a part of that tent.  My reaction was so visceral that I couldn't continue to watch.  I didn't have that reaction when I read the book.  My friend Whitney said that we as humans, will respond in different ways to different things.  Seeing the story was more real than reading the story.


The ancient ways of women resonate with me.  There is so much that I want and need to learn about this.  I'm sure that there are other women who would like to know as well.  I like technology and the information we can now receive faster than a speeding bullet.  However, I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water.  The ancient path is my path, my truth.  The "tuning fork" has been set off inside me and I am listening.  "Like summons like", is stated above or as we would say in spiritual circles, "deep calls unto deep".  When we hear our truth, we know it.  We don't all follow the same path nor would we want to do so.


Years ago there was a show called, Journey to the Center of the Earth.  That's what I am doing now on this leg of my journey.  We are the earth.  We were created from the earth, Gaia, our mother.  So I am traveling to my center in order to discover what I've forgotten and what I've never known.  As I wander through the peaks, rivers, valleys, mountains and the deep, dark places of my soul, I reconnect with my ancient self.  Spirit leads me to a place and whispers, "Stop here, rest awhile and look at this."  Sometimes I don't want to see what's in those places.  It's not always pleasant to see yourself; but it is always necessary.  After I've traveled to where I've been led, I hear Spirit telling me to visit another place in  my soul.  It's been quite the journey.


I am discovering more and more about me.  I'm finding places in myself that I never knew existed.  I'm clearing out some other places; releasing the dust and debris of what no longer serves.  I know what I will and will not accept from myself or others.  I have decided to be true to myself and follow the path before me.  As we approach the Winter Solstice, I have been reflecting upon the light returning and what I want to bring into the light.  This is a time of deep introspection as we enter the caves of hibernation to await the light.  When we awaken from our sleep, the seeds that have been planted will begin to sprout.


I am about to embark upon another physical journey in addition to this spiritual one, which is ongoing.  My time here has come to an end.  Things are ending that needed to end.  I don't know where I'm going exactly, I just know that I'm headed West.  I didn't need to be in the car to hear Spirit tell me which direction to travel.  The answers to my questions are waiting for me and I'm ready to receive them.  I have an altar that I sit before daily.  It is grounding for me and centers me.  I am clearly more focused than I have been since landing in Richmond.  I'm so thankful to Spirit for always teaching me.


On Thursday I asked Spirit to reveal some truths to me and over the course of four days they were revealed.  My spirit is at peace because I can trust what Spirit says and shows me.  And no one pours new wine into old wineskins.  Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined.  No, they pour new wine into new wineskins. - Mark 2:22 NIV   The new me does not fit into old relationships or paradigms.  If I try to make me "fit", I and the relationships will be ruined.  The ancient ways of women are not old wineskins.  They are the truth of my being and the pulse of my life.  They are as relevant today as they have always been.  Those ways are the new me.  May the returning light brighten this path that I must walk.


Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be!,
Gypsi Mama Michelle










   

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recorded both parts of the movie (The Red Tent) but I haven't watched them yet and I also read the book. However, in regards to the part in your your latest post about relationships, here is the quote I mentioned to you the other day that I love from Diane Von Furstenberg: “The most important relationship in life is the one you have with yourself. First you have to love yourself, and after that, any other relationship is a plus and not a must.”

    ReplyDelete