Sunday, December 28, 2014

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." - Hal Borland

This is my last post of 2014.  I can't believe that it has almost been a year since I left for Earthaven and started this blog.  Time, indeed waits for no one.  I have had a year of discovery; of people, places, things and myself.  It has been a roller coaster ride with ups and downs but plenty of thrills.  I am a different person because of all of life's experiences.

Last Sunday, the day of the Winter Solstice, I had a wonderful pre-birthday day with one of my besties, Octavia Jones.  We had brunch at Kitchen 64: crab benne, asparagus, home fries and a pitcher of Mimosa.  It was delicious.  Then we headed over to the theater to see "Annie".  We enjoyed the movie.  Then Octavia surprised me by suggesting we get dessert.  We shared Tarrant's Upside down Apple Walnut Pie (my favorite).  The entire week leading to my birthday was one I will remember.  On the actual day, Monday, I rested and did ritual to release what no longer served and to bring in what I want to see manifested in this next phase.

On Tuesday I went to DC to pick up my son.  He took the train in from NY.  We then had lunch with my daughter.  It was a nice pre Christmas gathering.  On Wednesday night my daughter came in and she and her brother joked with each other as usual.  Christmas day was quiet and nice.  All of the children weren't here as they were at Thanksgiving.  I didn't do the cooking that I did at Thanksgiving.  In my mind I wanted Thanksgiving to be extremely nice because I felt that maybe I wouldn't be in Richmond next year.  Prayerfully I will not.  The day after Christmas, the children gave me a new laptop, which I am using (smile).  I was overwhelmed with their generosity. 

On Saturday I attended the Kwanzaa celebration with my friend Iris.  A Yoruba priest spoke about the things that as a culture we tend to forget or have never known.  The music and dancers were amazing.  For once, the vendors did not have the usual items.  The atmosphere was festive.  There was definitely a sense of unity which is so important in these turbulent times.  Attending these festivals spark my creativity.  I want to sew and design and do everything that Spirit has instilled in me.  This year will be a year of action for me.  I am determined to "do" in the midst of being.  "For last year's words belong to last year's language.  And next year's words await another voice." - T.S. Eliot. That voice for me is saying, "You can do it!" and "I've got this!"

I've heard about a place in Asheville though my former Medicine Wheel housemate, Devi.  She just moved into it and asked me about moving there.  I am totally considering it.  I love Asheville!  It is so progressive.  It has many of the classes and workshops that support my interests.  In my spirit, I truly feel that this year is going to be a transformative year for everyone.  Saturn is no longer in brooding Scorpio.  It has moved into expansive Sagittarius; a time of learning and openness.  The next 29 year cycle should be awesome.  In numerology, the year 2015 is an 8 year.  Eight means new beginnings.  We are all ready for that, I believe.  We will take with us the wisdom experience has instilled in us and go on. 

Anticipating 2015 fills me with excitement!  This is an intuitive feeling.  I feel this song in my spirit by The Five Stairsteps: "Ooh Child" 
Ooh-oo child
Things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child
Things'll get brighter
Ooh-oo child
Things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child
Things'll get brighter
Some day, yeah
We'll get it together and we'll get it all done
Some day
When your head is much lighter
Some day, yeah
We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Some day
When the world is much brighter
Right now, right now

For me that time is now!  2015, I await your greatness and mine!

Until next Sunday,
Merry meet and merry part again,
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama Michelle


1 comment:

  1. “Ooh Child” takes me back to Boston Road, sitting on the stoop with our aunts. It took us out of the turbulent 60s; it exemplifies the seventies and will now be the theme song for MY 60s; it has always been one of my favorite songs. It fills one’s heart with hope, anticipation, and gladness. I, too, am looking forward to 2015 because it will usher in the 60th decade of my life. Welcome sweet 60 - what a difference 30 years make. I dreaded 30; I did not want to be 30; I thought that 30 was old and unattractive. For me 60 is the opposite of 30; it appeals to me and will bring with it life abundantly - new roads to travel, new people to meet, new things to try.

    My girls - Roz and Niecy - spent Christmas evening with me and we talked, ate, laughed, and drank (but of course) until 2 a.m. about the past and the future. My status changes from disability to retirement from the state (30 years oh my) on February 1st. My girls are already retired and we are going to show the world - hand-in-hand - what baby boomer retirement looks like beginning with a toast and fireworks in Myrtle Beach on New Year’s Eve. Until next time

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete