Sunday, February 7, 2016

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going.  And I have trained myself to love it.  Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight.  And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to.  But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings.  You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you."  ~ C. JoyBell C.

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."  ~ J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


I've been thinking quite a lot about believing and knowing.  A belief is an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists, according to the dictionary.  To know is to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty.The two are very close in definition but I came to the conclusion that belief comes before knowing.  I can accept (believe) that something is true but when I know that I know that I know, that knowledge can not be shaken by anything.

I have been rereading Richard Bach's book, Illusions which is why I began to ponder belief and knowledge.  As we continue to believe a thing, it becomes embedded in us and the thing becomes a knowing. In several paragraphs, it says "and as he believed, so it was".  This is referring to the thing becoming a reality because of the belief.  But I asked myself, "Isn't that because it was known without any shadow of doubt?"  In my own life I have had many instances of believing and knowing. Things have happened for which I have had no explanation other than I knew it would and so it was.  

While the book may have prompted my thoughts, there are incidents happening which are causing a "not knowing" or uncertainty about my job.  I'm not anxious about income because I trust Spirit, but I am wondering what's next for me.  I do want to spread my wings and let the winds carry me.  Where would that be...what would that be?  In our lives we become so accustomed to the way things are, we can't always see what they can be or how they can be.  Plato's Allegory of the Cave comes to mind.  There are prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall.  Shadows are projected on the wall from things passing in front of a fire behind them.  They give names to these shadows as they become as close to viewing reality as they can get.  The point is, the shadows are not the reality but a perception, they would see that if they broke free from the illusion.

Richard Bach speaks about creatures who live along the bottom of a crystal river with the current sweeping over them all.  The creatures cling to twigs and rocks and as Bach says "for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth".  But there was one who tired of clinging and decided to break free.  Yes, he was tumbled and smashed but refused to cling again and eventually the current lifted him free and he was no longer bruised.  As he went downstream other creatures saw him and thought him a savior because he was free.  He explained he was the same but had broken free of clinging.  They didn't believe they could do the same and as he went his way, they made up legends about him.  They knew no other life and did not believe enough to know another way of life is possible.

Aren't we the same?  We see someone doing great (in our minds) things and think they have something that we do not.  In reality we are all capable of doing anything we wish to do.  We don't want the uncertainty of not knowing and we don't believe we can.  But we can!  We need to believe we can, so much so that it becomes a reality for us.  We don't need to know the outcome, we just need to trust Spirit to guide us.  It's human nature to wonder about the outcome or what's next but it shouldn't paralyze us into non action. We all, I believe, have dreams.  Some fulfill them and some don't. Most people believe that it's money that stops them from living their dreams but if we just take a step and move forward, everything will be provided at the time it's needed.  Peter walked on water until he realized what he was doing and thought about it; therefore he began to sink.  "The moment you doubt.." as it says in the above quote.

Let's begin to believe and then know of what we are capable, for it is beyond our wildest imagination.  Everything was a thought first before it became a reality, even us.  Words become flesh, amen?Flesh is anything that we can conceive in our thoughts...telephones, computers, airplanes.  And so it is!

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama MIchelle



No comments:

Post a Comment