Sunday, January 31, 2016

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Learning is finding out what you already know.  Doing is demonstrating that you know it.  Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you.  You are all learners, doers, teachers."

"Like attracts like.  Just be who you are, calm and clear and bright.  Automatically, as we shine who we are, asking ourselves every minute is this what I really want to do, doing it only when we answer yes, automatically that turns away those who have nothing to learn from who we are, and attracts those who do, and from whom we have to learn, as well."

"The only obligation we have in any lifetime is to be true to ourselves."

"Only a few people are interested in what you have to say, but that's all right.  You don't tell the quality of a master by the size of his crowds, remember,"


"The simplest questions are the most profound.  Where were you born?  Where is your home?  Where are you going?  What are you doing?  Think about these once in a while, and watch your answers change."  
All quotes from Richard Bach; Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

This book was assigned reading when I took classes to become a Religious Science Practitioner with Revs. Dwight and Thelma Smith.  Along with his other book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, I learned more about faith and trust than I had known previously.  The journey to one's true self is not always an easy one.  There are many trials and tribulations on the path.  However, if we believe that Spirit has spoken to us about our path, then we must go forward. Sometimes we are misunderstood when we say or do things as directed by Spirit.  People may think that we are a little crazy; we may even think it ourselves.at time.  

In 1999, I felt I heard from Spirit to get a nose ring.  What I actually heard was that Spirit wanted to get rid of some mindsets that people had about ministers.  At the time I wasn't one!, at least not an ordained one. Spirit has a sense of humor.  I went into the shop 4 times before I finally allowed the woman to do it.  Various people told me it was the worse pain.  I have a high threshold but no, I didn't want to do it.  I didn't feel a thing.  The young woman was a medical student and knew what she was doing.  I needed to trust Spirit and not what people said.

Isn't that the way of it though?  We hear Spirit but we listen to other voices. John 10:5: "My sheep know my voice and the voice of another they will not follow."  In a conference at Lakewood church in 1986, Billie Brim, a female prophetess, said Spirit spoke that scripture to her and said: "But we are not another."  She was saying that we are one with Spirit and and that we when we truly listen to our spirits we will not be led astray.  I have been guilty of not truly listening and have paid the price for it.  I have learned in the process for every thing is a learning experience.

I love learning and I love to share what I learn.  I realize that not everyone will receive what I share but that's ok.  It is my journey after all.  I get so excited when I learn something that I had forgotten I knew (we do know all things) that I want to share it with all I encounter.  I don't adhere to everything that I learn but it is in the sharing that bring new insights from others.  We learn from each other.  One of the above quotes says, "we are all learners, doers, and teachers."  I learn and I share which is teaching.  I sometimes have trouble in the "doing". Trusting what Spirit says and having faith that Spirit is in control is an area that I sometimes will fall short.

It is all a learning process and I am constantly learning.  Being true to myself as I learn who I am changes my consciousness.  Changing my consciousness changes the answers to the questions that Richard Bach posed.  This may also change the people who are in one's life. Sometimes there are people who can not learn from us or we them, at least not then or maybe never.  The people who are meant to be in our lives are there for the time allotted.  Cherish those moments. Nothing is ever lost, every one, every thing has a lesson and I believe an opportunity for something greater if we pay attention.

When we do actually listen to Spirit and follow through on what's being said, it does not mean it will always be easy but it we continue to persevere, we will overcome.  Philippians 3:14 calls it "pressing toward the mark of the high calling in God through Christ Jesus".  Henry David Thoreau says it this way: "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."   Persevere, in spite of and despite all odds, and you will succeed.

I leave with quote from Thoreau: "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama MIchelle



No comments:

Post a Comment