Sunday, March 13, 2016

New York, NY

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.”―  Anais Nin


“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” ― Dalai Lama 



"A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.” ― Isabelle Eberhardt



Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” ―  Helen Keller


Well wanderlust has hit me again or I should say it is knocking louder, for it is always there never giving me much peace until I do something.  Wanderlust is defined as: a strong desire to travel.   That's exactly the feeling that I have and keep. It's one of the reasons My Gypsi Journey began. I know that wandering seems flaky or irresponsible to some but alas, it's in my blood. So color me irresponsible if you must, I will not argue with you, nay, I will surrender to your assessment and cheer. 


On impulse I decided to travel to New York. I left Friday night after work. The bus (Chinese bus) left at 12:30am and I arrived at 6:30am.  My son, Jason picked me up in Chinatown. After having breakfast and resting a few hours Jason and I went to 125th Street. He went to the barber shop and I meandered around.  I love sitting and watching the people. I enjoy the vendors and seeing their wares. It was a beautiful sunny day and many people were out and about.  Jason and I met up, took a taxi back to his apartment to get the car and drove to the upper east side.  We visited the Whole Foods on Third Avenue which wasn't there when Jason lived there.  We then went back to his place and had dinner. 


I've decided that traveling once a month to new places. If I purchase Megabus tickets a month in advance, I can get them from $5-$10. Staying in hostels with a minimum rate of $20 makes lodging affordable.  Hostels  are dorm style and some have private rooms. I stayed in one when I attended the workshop in Asheville last year.  It was a dorm room but no one was in the room with my friend and me. Baths are shared along with common areas and the kitchen. Most offer breakfast of some sort.  I think I had forgotten about hostels. 

In April I plan to visit Memphis, TN.  I have to get the bus in Atlanta so I will travel there, stay overnight in a hostel and continue to Memphis the next day. Charleston SC, San Francisco and New Mexico are all future Megabus trips. I will let Spirit decide when and which one first. So instead of driving and listening to hear which direction to travel, I'm now allowing Spirit to tell me which destination by bus.  It all sounds so simple now that it's become clear and a plan.  Waiting to hear Spirit will do that.  I pla
n to be back in NY the week before Easter.  At that time I plan to visit with Thamara Theophile, a Haitian FB friend and sister.  She's plans to cook some delicious food for me to enjoy. Yummy!!  

Wandering is in my soul.  Seeing and learning about different cultures is a growing experience. I want to learn as much as I can about other people and places. If not
now, when?  I don't want to put off things any longer.  If it's to be, it's up to me or so the saying goes. "Other places, other lives, other souls" ...A nomad for life!

Until next Sunday, 

Merry part and merry meet again, 
Blessed be, 
Gypsi Mama Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment