Sunday, January 10, 2016

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!


"..this, I believe, is the crucial question upon which all creative living hinges: Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you?,,,I...believe we are all walking repositories of buried treasure.  I believe this is one of the oldest and most generous tricks the universe plays on us human beings,,,The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them,  The hunt to uncover those jewels - that's creative living."  ~ Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magi (courtesy of One Spirit Interfaith Seminary)

"You matter.You are important.  There is a reason for your existence.  You may not see or understand how this is true, but truth doesn't cease to be truth because of doubt, blindness, or ignorance.  
And the truth is -- you matter."  ~ Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year

"We each carry with us unique gifts, recognized and unrecognized.  We long to harness those gifts in a way that gives life significance and helps us to matter more in the lives of others."  ~ Tom Hayes

"A little porch light from a distant farmhouse dimmed, feeling alone and unneeded until his smallest spark of illumination snuffed out entirely.  The night fell as dark as it was quiet.  Meanwhile, every secret eye within the vicinity ~ from insect to animal to human wanderer ~ stopped to blink, suddenly blinded.  Their guiding light had vanished, extinguishing hope in the hearts of many.  That little light had mattered, but he knew it not."  ~ Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year

Happy New Year!  I hope the New Year and the New Moon on last night had everyone setting intentions for the remainder of the year.  I wish prosperity, peace, joy, love, divine health, abundance and laughter to you all.

My oldest son is a recovering drug addict.  He's clean today; I can say that each day that he is.  He has said to me on more than one occasion and most recently this week, that he wants to do something of which I can be proud.  He was very sentimental and speaking about how proud he is of his sisters and brother.  He shared that there was something he always wanted to do; something that I could point to and say: That's my son.  I told him that I am equally as proud of him as I am the others.  To quote a hymn: "Each victory will help you some other to win".  I went on to tell him that it wasn't too late for him to do the thing he wanted to do.  Age is not a factor in everything.  I want him to do whatever for himself, not for me. 

Later that night I spoke with him again and recounted something out of "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsch.  Neale, in conversation with God, asked God about a person's life amounting to nothing.  God gave this reply:  If a person has basically done "nothing" (quotations mine) with his life and then at 70 writes a sonnet that influences and inspires multitudes, has his life amounted to nothing?  I, personally, believe that all of us matter.  Perhaps it is what an individual experiences, that appears as nothing, that creates the sonnet, the book, the art, the musical masterpiece.  I heard new life in my son's voice after I shared that with him.  It is still up to him, as it is with us all, to renew his mind and discover the gifts within.  No matter how small and insignificant we think we are, we all have gifts and a purpose.  We don't always know whose lives we touch.  

On December 22, 2015, I celebrated 65 years of living on this plane. I often say to myself that I am not "doing" anything to make my children proud of me.Maybe we all at times have a comparison complex.  We look at others lives and compare them to our own.  We don't know that person's journey and what it took for them to get where they are.  Perhaps if we focus on "being" who we are, we would fare better.  What is the world waiting for you to create?  It's not always something that will make one famous.  Perhaps it's a safe haven for your family or warm meals for neighbors.  I don't know but I do believe it is up to each of us to find it and give it.

As you know, I am a breast cancer survivor.  Every 6 months I have a mammogram.  I had one in June, 2015 and I had another on January 4, 2016.  The doctor came in to see me and shared that I needed to have another biopsy of the same breast.  The reason is that, there are calcifications which have increased since June.  Most are benign but since the cancer that was removed in 2013 was a calcification, a biopsy is needed.  Better safe than sorry.  The biopsy is Friday, January 15th. I, of course, don't know what the outcome will be, I just know that I am fine regardless.  I do know that I wish to discover more fully the gifts given me by Spirit and act on them. Will you do the same?  Let your consciousness be saturated with the truth that YOU MATTER!  You always have and you always will.

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again!
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment