Sunday, March 29, 2015

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends,
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Go with the flow. Force nothing.  Let it happen...trusting that whichever way it goes, it's for the best," ~ Mandy Hale

I decided that I would continue to write because I had an epiphany during my morning meditation earlier in the week.  This journey started as a way to keep a record of what happened as I traveled from place to place.  It was intended to be a chronicle of my outward journey and inward revelations.  It became more about the inward journey as the outward journey slowed somewhat.  I decided last week to end it because it's been almost a year, I wasn't sure about traveling and I wanted to devote more time to other endeavors.  I also felt that if I took the job I wouldn't be able to travel as I envisioned from the beginning. 

I started the training on Tuesday, March 24th.  At that time I was informed that I wouldn't be working with the mentally challenged because the director is a friend and there could possibly be a conflict of interest.  I trained last week and will continue this week. I've been in the Human Services field for quite some time and, quite frankly, this isn't as draining as I thought it would be.  I only have a schedule of the hours that fit my availability.  I can work as little or as much as I choose if the schedule has open slots.  During meditation, I realized that I am still free to travel whenever I choose and now will have the added income to assist.  

As I listen to Spirit about when and where to visit, I will give my availability accordingly.  I'm not limited to weekend travel.  I can stay in a place for 1-2 days or a few.  I'm excited to begin again. It's true that I won't be able to stay with a sustainable community for long periods of time but I am still able to visit.  I have already heard from Spirit where the next destination will be and when.  I know the where of the next one but not when yet. There are still many places within the US for me to visit as I await guidance about where to live.  I may be totally surprised where I am led or not.

Working again is taking some getting used to, especially with evening and overnight hours.  I worked those hours in my last place of employment three years ago.  However, there are shifts that I didn't know existed and I like those hours.  The interaction with the clients is not what I thought it would be.  I believe that for now, at least, this is working for me.  Sometimes we need to let whatever is happening, at the time it's happening, to happen.  We can't plan everything and we certainly don't foresee all that could happen.  I suppose that's why it is essential to remain open to the process and flow of life.  Chuang Tzu said: "Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free,  Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.  This is the ultimate."  

I said if I posted the blog that it would be early.  In keeping with that I started typing almost immediately after finishing the 4 pm-12:30 am shift.  I have more to say about the job that's not confidential but I am tired.  Thank you for indulging me and allowing me to change my mind.  It is after all a woman's prerogative, is it not?

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again, 
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I was very please when you called me yesterday to let me know that your journey, and hence, you blog is continuing.

    My friend Roz is retired but working part-time. Selfishly I was afraid, when she got the job, that she wouldn't be free to hang out and travel but thanks be to God, she is only working Tuesday-Thursday which allows her to have a four-day weekend to play. I will hopefully be mended by May so that we can travel either my birthday weekend or Mother's Day. Either way I am so happy that both of you will be able to enjoy retirement - as well you should.

    Happy Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Debbie. So glad you will enjoy the next decade of your life as well. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete