Sunday, April 24, 2016

Richmond, VA

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"When fate arrives at your door, there is no lock strong enough to hold it back.  It  may find you asleep, unprepared, too busy, or defiant, but these states are not a deterrent.  Destiny does not wait for your mood to change.  When the time is ripe, the rite of passage begins. ...
This is known as the call and it comes in many forms.  It may begin as a restless dissatisfaction with your daily life, or a deep depression. It may result from a churning in your gut over the daily news, or an inspiring story told to you by a friend.  It may come from a tragic loss, or an unexpected boon.  But however the call finds its way into your private chambers, it changes the course of your life."   ~ Anodea Judith, Awakening the Global Heart

"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud".  ~ Emile Zola

"I believe there's a calling for all of us,  I know that every human being has value and purpose.  The real work of our lives is to become aware.  And awakened.  To answer the call."  ~ O[rah Winfrey

"The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords, or canals, or statues, or songs."  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If God gives you something you can do, why in God's name wouldn't you do it?" ~ Stephen King


I attended a vision meeting on yesterday for a friend who wishes to start a Spiritual Life Center.  I am honored that she chose me to be a part of the planning and to be a part of the ministry.  We were told by a former pastor of hers that we would work together.  This pastor was one I heard on a local television broadcast many years ago as I surfed through stations.  She said something that made me pay attention.  I called the TV station to get her information and I gave her a call.  I wanted to know where she obtained her information.  Among other things, she mentioned a book called "The Holy Grail".  I found it in the library.  I found that scripture was quoted incorrectly and things were said that I, in my "religious" state of mind at the time, could/would not accept.  I set out, for my own edification, to prove the author wrong.  Along the way, like Paul on the Damascus road, the light of truth prevailed.  It has been my quest since then to seek and find truth,

Anyway, my friend's vision is similar, as far as what she wishes to offer, to a vision I had, again, many years ago.  The name of the center was to be named after one of my poems.  I saw the vision quite plainly.  It was to be a place for women.  The thing that held me back was money.  However, there are ways around having the upfront money; for instance, grants.  I often get ideas but let them die in the thought realm.  Some say if a dream doesn't come to fruition that it must not have been from the Creator.  I used to believe that at one time, I don't anymore.  I think many ideas are buried in the graves with the ones given the ideas and I believe they came from GOD.  We don't always act on what we are given.  I used to tell my children that Spirit rained down ideas and it was up to us to catch them and more importantly, do them.  How many times has someone said, "Someone needs to invent thus and so," only to see the "thing" later?  

One can argue that particular thing may not have been your calling and that may be true.  That doesn't mean the person could not have acted upon it and sold the idea, advancing what possibly is the calling.  We don't know.  What I do know is that "the call" does come to each of us at some point in our lives.  One may say that he or she has never received a call but as stated in the first quote, it comes in many ways and we all have felt one of those ways. Granted, we may not have recognized it as call.  We may have just thought it a fleeting feeling but it is definitely a call.  What have you been feeling in your heart?  Are you hearing to do something that you feel is quite impossible for you?  Is there something you wish to do but feel you would be persecuted or ostracized?  People are still being burned at the stake or stoned for living their truths.  Answer the call!  Do what GOD has given you the ability to do!  

Sometimes we feel as if we aren't able to do it or we aren't worthy. If Spirit gives it to us, we can do it.  Whining, complaining and fighting will not change the call.  Hello, Moses, Jonah and whomever else. We may not always act on ideas that we are given, but do answer what will not leave us in peace; in other words: the calling.  It may not be what one has planned, or take one where one wishes to go but it will lead to a life most rewarding.  A life of being true to one's self, a genuine authentic life and that in itself is the call.

"But beware of this about callings:they may not lead us where we intended to go or even where we want to go.  If we choose to follow, we may have to be willing to let go of the life we already planned and accept whatever is waiting for us.  And if the calling is true, though we not have gone where we intended, we will surely end up where we need to be." ~ Steve Goodier

Until next Sunday, 
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be, 
Gypsi Mama Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment