Sunday, May 8, 2016

Richmond,VA Mother's Day

Merry meet Friends!
Michelle here, bringing lots of love and light!

"Beautify your inner dialogue. Beautify your inner world with love, light and compassion.  Life will be beautiful." ~ Amit Ray, Nonviolence: The Transforming Power

"Inner guidance is heard like soft music in the night by those who have learned to listen." ~ Vernon Howard

"When you trust your inner guidance and begin moving in the direction of your dreams (aligned with your individual gifts) you will be cloaked in an armor bestowed upon you by your guardian angel." ~ Charles F. Glassman

"Keep on questioning.  Keep on searching." ~ Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind

Happy Mother's Day to all who nurture and mother!
Happy Mother's Day to Gaia, our planet Earth that sustains us!

I have a mother and I am a mother.  I have four beautiful children, 2 boys and 2 girls; I should say 2 men and 2 women because they are adults.  I treat them as such but they are still my babies.  They gave me the gift of motherhood, and I am and always will be eternally grateful that they chose this wild, unpredictable, crazy and unstable at times, intelligent, seeker of truth, empathic being called Michelle to be birthed through.  We teach our children but they also teach us. Sometimes I believe we learn more about being humane and about ourselves through them than they learn from us.

I realized last week that some of my sadness is due to my daughter's upcoming marriage.  I'm not sad about her marriage or her mate.  In analyzing it, I determined that it's about her stepping into another phase of her life which makes me think about the next phase of mine.  My oldest son has been married twice but I was so much younger then, and he is my son.  I'm guessing the feeling is different with daughters or maybe it's just my age.  As she enters this next phase of her life, it raises all sorts of questions about my next phase. How do I plan to spend this next portion of my life?  What is it that I truly desire?  What gifts and talents do I wish to use for the betterment of myself and others?  Will I use them?

Changes are happening everywhere, we are all in a state of transition.  Mercury and other planets are in retrograde.  Life is happening through us not to us.  What is it that we want to come through?  What do I want to come through me?  I've been practicing listening to and for clues that life provides.  I started this practice based on Mark Nepo's book: Seven Thousand Ways to Listen.  Mark says, "What often starts as a moment of unexpected feeling that startles us becomes, if leaned into, a deeper way of knowing."  The sadness I've been feeling was unexpected but it is leading me to uncover some things about me.  Listening to the sadness can propel me into the next phase of my life.  

I receive emails from various organizations.  Some I read and some I trash.  Last week something made me read one before I trashed it. I'm glad I did.  It's leading me to a workshop in Maryland that will lead me to forming something else.  More details after I attend the workshop.  The point is that I stopped to listen to my inner voice and that led to something.  Opportunities will present themselves when we ask the Universe for answers.  I'm not always sure where something will lead me but that's the beauty of the journey.  We can think a thing is leading us one place and we end up finding our"true north".

I'm glad I "stumbled" upon the book by Mark Nepo.  It came at the exact moment that I needed it.  I listen to my inner guidance but I don't/didn't always follow the signs that life would present.  Mark wrote about making plans for a particular day that he had free to do nothing, which he wanted to do, but then began filling it with "things".  He became overwhelmed that he wouldn't have the time to get them done.  As he pumped gas, a bird landed near him then flew off.  He decided to follow the bird.  Whether he actually followed the bird or it was a metaphor for following life clues, makes no difference.  He listened.  Michael Beckwith ministered the same thing a few Sundays ago.  Pay attention to the clues which are everywhere.  Spirit has been trying to get my attention for quite some time with this.  

I recall two of my favorite movies, Fools Rush In and Under the Tuscan Sun stating the same thing.  Clues or signs are everywhere if we /I just pay attention!  Listen, watch, see and hear what Spirit speaks through everyday subtle things we take for granted.  It will make a world of difference.  By the way, I received a package from Colorado which contained old jewelry.  There is no return address.  I have no idea who sent it.  A sign of something, perhaps?

Until next Sunday,
Merry part and merry meet again,
Blessed be,
Gypsi Mama Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment